Have you always wanted to visit Israel? Have you always wanted to go on a Birthright Trip? Don’t know what Birthright is? You are in the right place! Taglit Birthright is a program dedicated to providing young Jewish individuals the opportunity to visit Israel free of cost. To qualify for this program, one must be 18-26 years old and identify as a member of the Jewish faith.
In January 2016, Rowan University Hillel sponsored our first Birthright trip. 24 students had the experience of a lifetime touring Israel together over the course of 10 days.
We are looking forward to including Birthright as a permanent part of our growing program. The next opportunity to visit Israel through Birthright and Rowan University Hillel will be in January 2018 (Winter Break).
Contrary to popular belief, a previous trip to Israel may not disqualify you from going on Birthright. Questions about eligibility due to previous trips to Israel can be answered below:
- If you have been to Israel before but only with your family or on other personal business, you are eligible.
- If you have been to Israel as part of a touring group, educational program, study program or an organized extended residential program since you were 12 years old, you are not eligible.
- If you participated on the March of the Living when you were in high school you are eligible to participate on one of our programs once you turn 22 years of age.
- If you were born in Israel or are an Israeli citizen you are only eligible if you left Israel before the age of 12.
- If you have served in the Israeli Army or volunteered on an Israel Army base, you are not eligible.
- If you were born in Israel or have ever held Israeli citizenship or have held an Israeli passport you are not eligible unless you prove by official documentation that you left Israel before the age of 12. If you are accepted to the program you will need to obtain army exemption papers from your local Israeli consulate.
For more information visit http://www.birthrightisrael.com/.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com